- User - a person visiting the Website or using its functionalities;
- cookie files (cookies) - computer data, usually in the form of text files, which are stored on the User’s end device and are designed to improve the browsing experience. Cookies usually contain the name of the website from which they originate, their storage time on the user’s end device, as well as a unique number.
- The condition for the operation of cookies is their acceptance by the browser and not removing them.
Nature of data coming from cookies
- As a rule, cookies do not constitute personal data. However, certain information stored in cookies (e.g. regarding the User's preferences), especially when combined with other information about the User, may be treated as personal data when it allows the Administrator to identify it.
- Personal data collected using cookies may be processed by the Administrator only for the purpose of performing specific functions for the User and for the implementation of the Administrator's rights described in this Policy, as well as specified in Principles of personal data processing.
Purposes of cookies
- Cookie files are used for the following purposes:
- to create statistics that help us understand how Users use the Website, which allows improving its structure and content;
- to maintain the User's session (after logging in, if the Website offers such a possibility), thanks to which the User does not have to re-enter his login and password on every subpage of the Website;
- to define the User's profile in order to display him tailored materials, including advertising, inter alia, adapted to the User's location.
Types of cookies
- The Website uses two basic types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies
- Session cookies are temporary files that are stored in the User's end device until logging out, closing the website or closing the software (web browser).
- Persistent cookies are stored in the User's end device for a period defined in the cookie file parameters until they are deleted by the User.
- Cookies used on the Website may also differ due to their origin and constitute:
- own cookies (first party cookies) - placed on the Website pages directly by the Administrator;
- external cookies (third-party cookies) - placed on pages of the Website by entities other than the Administrator. These cookies are primarily used by the advertisers and other business partners cooperating with the Website Administrator. One of them is the owner of the Google Analytics web tool.
- The software enabling to browse websites (the Internet browser) usually allows, by default, the storage of cookie files on the User’s device. The Service Users may introduce changes of settings in this regard. The web browser allows you to delete cookies. It is also possible to automatically block cookies. More detailed information on this subject is provided in the help section or documentation of the web browser.
- Information on some Users' behaviours is also included in the so-called server logs. Server logs show each individual action that is performed when the User browses the Website. They contain a number of information, e.g. who visits the Website, what they watch and how much time they devote to specific elements. In addition, entries in server logs may be subject to:
- Query receipt time,
- Response sending time,
- name of the User's station - identification performed by the http protocol;
- information about errors that occurred during implementation of the HTTP transaction,the URL address of the page previously visited by the user (referrer link) - in case when the access to the Website page was established via a link;
- information about the User's browser,
- IP address information.
- Data from server logs are used to administer the Website.
- Data from server logs are not associated with specific Users.